Complaint resolution process

Every complaint we receive is an opportunity for us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will review your file carefully in accordance with our complaint resolution policy.

Step 1

First, call an iA Trust customer service representative:

If your complaint is related to a savings product:

If your complaint is related to auto financing:

Step 2

If you are not completely satisfied with the outcome of step 1, you may contact the iA Trust Inc. complaints officer:

  • Address
    Complaints Officer
    iA Trust Inc.
    1080 Grande Allée West
    PO Box 1907, Station Terminus
    Quebec City, Quebec G1K 7M3

The Complaints Officer will open a file then send an acknowledgment of receipt to the complainant within five (5) business days of receiving the complaint.

Step 3

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of Step 2, you may make a written request to transfer your file to one of the following regulatory and supervisory authorities, based on your province of residence:

All provinces (not including Quebec)

iA Trust Inc. takes part in the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments’ (“OBSI”) conciliation process. Complainants can contact the OBSI:


If you are not satisfied with how your complaint was handled or how you were treated, you can request that IA Trust transfer your file to the Autorité des marchés financiers. You can only exercise this right once the deadline to receive a final decision has passed but within one year of the date the final decision was received.

The transferred file contains all documents relevant to the complaint.

If you have any questions regarding the handling of complaints in Quebec, you can contact the Autorité’s Information Centre at:

Financial Consumer Agency of Canada

Complainants can contact the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (“FCAC”) at any time. The role of the FCAC is to ensure that financial institutions implement a complaints resolution policy and procedure. The FCAC does not provide redress or compensation, nor does it intervene in the resolution of disputes. If you have any questions in this regard, you can contact the FCAC.