The Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) is a federal Crown corporation created by Parliament.
The CDIC insures Canadians’ savings in case their bank or other CDIC member institution fails or goes bankrupt.
The CDIC is NOT a bank. The CDIC is NOT a private insurance company.
The following instruments of iA Trust are deposits eligible for deposit insurance from the CDIC, subject always to maximum coverage limitations provided they are in Canadian funds, are payable in Canada, and have a term of no more than five years:
- iA Trust guaranteed investment certificates (1- to 5-year term)
- RRSP, RRIF, TFSA and non-registered plan
- High-interest tax-free savings account
- Guaranteed investment certificates in a group RPP (defined-contribution registered pension plan), group SPP (simplified pension plan), group IRP (individual retirement plan)
- Guaranteed investment certificates in a group DPSP (deferred profit sharing plan)
For more information, contact the CDIC at 1-800-461-CDIC (2342), or consult the CDIC website at www.cdic.ca.